Santa Fe Area 12/27

Rides, rendezvouses, partners - because it's better with someone else

Moderators: scotthsu, Bob, Matt, mark

cmyk

Santa Fe Area 12/27

Post by cmyk »

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a restful holiday. Going to get out on Sunday for a casual tour and thought I'd see if anyone else was in the same boat. Tentative plan is below, but happy to be flexible!

Thinking about doing an early-ish start (8?) from Aspen Vista up to the radio towers - casual pace. Lunch at the hikers shack, if we're feeling good possibly head up deception and scout around for a bit.

A bit about me - been skiing for 20+ years, have my AIRE Level 1 (but admittedly received it 5 or so years ago at this point) and all requisite safety gear. I'm a big runner, so happy to break trail and call it "cross-training". New to the area, so all ears if you have a different/better plan.

Thanks!
fmarrs3

Re: Santa Fe Area 12/27

Post by fmarrs3 »

Ah, sorry I missed this! Maybe next time. How was the snow? Toured around Taos yesterday and was really thin.
cmyk

Re: Santa Fe Area 12/27

Post by cmyk »

Poor! Lol - and non existent up on deception/looking down into the nambe chutes (check the SF area conditions thread, someone else posted a picture). Very very windblown. One small section of fs 150 was rocky enough to warrant removing skis, but otherwise passable. Think snow!