Sandia Peak

Moderators: scotthsu, Bob, Matt, mark

eurotrash

Sandia Peak

Post by eurotrash »

Did a quick lap on Sandia this morning. Most of the runs are groomed, coverage is adequate, not much powder in the trees.
eurotrash

Re: Sandia Peak

Post by eurotrash »

All kinds of front country madness at Sandia today. Seems like just about everyone in Albuquerque that owns a pair of skins was out today.
The area is mostly groomed, not much fresh snow to ride on aside from the usual spots. Diablo was also not groomed.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I think I'm seeing a jump in the numbers of people skinning at Santa Fe this year. Seems like there are more people more often. Trend? Anomaly?
eurotrash

Post by eurotrash »

Back country gear is the new nordic norm for some reason, I blame the advertising industry.
Due to the lack of accessible terrain I think a lot of people are skiing what is accessible, which just happens to be sandia and and santa fe ski areas.
scotthsu

Post by scotthsu »

Maybe simply good early-season snow? :)
Dorman

North Crest Trail

Post by Dorman »

No avalanche danger here :wink: , but here's a look at the current snow conditions on the North Crest Trail. Nordic skiing at higher elevations looks pretty good. There were a lot of post holes at the top, but I didn't see one human being from Placitas to the crest. Backcountry alpine skiing/snowboarding is not happening. Pray for snow!
Attachments
IMG_0108.jpg
IMG_0108.jpg (32.31 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG (32.31 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0103.jpg (41.48 KiB) Viewed 3956 times