Tessa's Ascension

Events of general interest to Northern New Mexico backcountry enthusiasts

Moderators: Bob, Matt, mark, scotthsu

Tessa's Ascension

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 pm

I thought I'd post a reminder that Tessa's Ascension will be held at Ski Santa Fe at 5:30 pm this Saturday, 3/20. It's a fun time - a little workout, a lot of socializing with other backcountry fans, and a nice party afterwards. All for a good cause, I hope to see many of you there.

http://www.sfpatrol.org/id26.html
Bob

Re: Tessa's Ascension

Postby Kerry » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:02 am

Bob, has a date been set for 2011 Tessa's Ascension?
Kerry

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Kerry wrote:Bob, has a date been set for 2011 Tessa's Ascension?

I'll find out and get back to you. I was just wondering about that myself.
Bob

Postby Bob » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Providentially, I got this via email today:
Greetings:

The Ascension is scheduled for Sunday March 20th (Tessa's birthday)... You can get a registration form by going to sfpatrol.org and clicking on Tessa's Ascension, then looking for the registration download. You can then print it and send it in or deliver it to the ski area (Ski Patrol or Skier Services). It would be great to have people pre-register so it is not so hectic on race day. The entry fee is the same as last year, $30 prior to the 20th, $35 for race-day registration, no later than 5:00 pm. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!.

The Ascension will benefit Warehouse 21 this year, a local organization providing healthy activities and learning opportunities for Santa Fe youth.

The course will be the same, starting at the bottom of the Quad Chair, going up Lower Broadway, Thruway, across Midland, Lower Gayway, Open and Lower Parachute, then up through Dr. Rich, through the trees between Parachute and Upper Gayway, over to the top of the Riblet, down to Santa Fe Trail, up to the top of the Quad, out to the viewing tubes toweards Muerte, then back to the top of the Quad, where the downhill course will start and go down Midland and Easy Street to the Base Area.

Equipment will be Telemark or Randonee gear with skins, or snowshoes for the uphill portion for snowboarders or Alpine skiers who don't have rando gear and skins. Helmets must be worn and buckled for downhill portion. Skins or snowshoes must be carried down on your person, not left at the top.

There will be food and refreshments in the Base Lodge following the event. There will be hats instead of T-shirts this year.

Please call or email with any questions. Call Cody, Lehigh, Kathy or Jack at 992-5086 (505 area code), or email codys@sfpatrol.org

Best Regards-

Cody Sheppard
Bob

Postby Kerry » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks, Bob. I look forward to seeing a lot of people at this event!
Kerry

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:47 am

It's today at 5:00 for the kids and 5:45 for the grown ups. See you there!

http://www.sfpatrol.org/id26.html
Bob

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:51 pm

It was some good fun, at least until I hooked a gate and me and my stuff went sprawling a couple hundred feet down the course.

But just wait until next year!

Seriously, it was a good time with lots of good folks.
Bob

Postby Kerry » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:00 am

Bob, if you just miss the gates, you wouldn't have that problem. But, this year Cathy was passing out DQ's for that tactic :cry:
Kerry

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Kerry wrote:...this year Cathy was passing out DQ's for that tactic :cry:

Which was the right thing to do. :oops:
Bob

Return to Community