weekdays anyone?

Moderators: mark, scotthsu, Bob, Matt

weekdays anyone?

Postby Kerry » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Looking for a group to join for weekday BC runs. Also interested in joining a group for a yurt trip in south san juans above chama.
Kerry

Nambe thurs morning

Postby Kerry » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:37 pm

2 of us planning to arrive SF ski's upper parking lot on Thurs 8 am to ski nambe area. If interested in joining, call my cell prior to 7 am in case we're early. 463-8434 --kerry
Kerry

carpool

Postby Kerry » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:40 pm

call wed evening (# above) if you want to join us in Albuquerque
Kerry

Re: Nambe thurs morning

Postby Bob » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:22 pm

Kerry wrote:2 of us planning to arrive SF ski's upper parking lot on Thurs 8 am to ski nambe area. If interested in joining, call my cell prior to 7 am in case we're early. 463-8434 --kerry

Could be a big day on Thursday at Santa Fe. It was snowing this afternoon at the ski area, there are a couple-three inches in my yard this evening, and I just got called to go up early for avalanche control at the ski area on Thursday morning.

Heads up and be careful out there.
Bob

thanks Bob

Postby Kerry » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:56 am

I see 25" fresh on the SFSB web site...we'll swing through the patroller hut and probably just tour the big T
Kerry

Have a blast in the 25!

Postby JohnS » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:55 am

Have a blast today! Let us know how it was.

I can't get up until tomorrow... Friday.

Need to get to it before the sun does.......
JohnS

next week Mon-Thurs anyone?

Postby Kerry » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:46 pm

epic day on Mar 6; non-technical snow report in the report section. looking to identify a Mon-Thurs date next week to tour Nambe/Heavans if conditions allow...suggest a day if interested.
Kerry

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Today was kind of epic in-bounds. The 25 to 30 inches made it difficult to ski the untracked unless it was on a steep slope. The snow was really stable. I put my thoguhts in the Snow Reports section.

It figures that skiing the Big T would have been hard - not steep enough in most places. There was a lot of wallowing going on in the less steep untracked in-bounds. But the steeper stuff was unreal.

I was told that you dropped by, Kerry. It was a good idea to pass on the Nambé. Even if the snow was as stable as it was in-bounds, booting up out of the Nambé would have been a nightmare.

Heard a rumor that there were 6 people bogged down on snowboards in the Big T in the late afternoon.
Bob

bogged in the T

Postby Kerry » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Bob, lol @ the boarders bogged in the T...attempting the T from the towers we bailed onto tracks in Cornice due to the drag...but then found our best downhill of the day jumping off from the back of the quad...heard some others behind us holloring as we hit the aspen vista, but it didn't sound serious and they never caught up with us.

You interested in BC on Tues?
Kerry

Postby Jasper » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Sounds like it must be tons of fun up there lately and throughout this season. Some nice pictures of the Nambe in the snow reports section. I am jealous though because I injured mysefl in Montana at the start of the season and havent been able to do much (like nothing at all) since then. Anyways thanks for the reports and keep posting pictures of powder. Its torture, but inspriration as well.
Go when the going is good.
Jasper

17, 18, or 19th anyone?

Postby Kerry » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:25 am

looking for a date suitable to others next week. john & i had a marvelous day yesterday skiing 3 chutes in Nambe. the weather was perfect. lot's of roller balls on the sw aspect; otherwise all seemed stable. perhaps john will post the snow report as he was the recorder. next week anyone?
Kerry

Next week in the AM

Postby tomchepucavage » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:46 am

Hey I have admin leave from work at the state until about 1 PM my choice Monday through Friday, Religous Observance. Definately interested in something. Don't know if we can do the Chutes in that timeframe... I was thinking of hitting the Chutes on Sunday as it is. You said the conditions were stable? Did you take a one pass lift or hike it?
Tom
tomchepucavage

Tues or Wed looks like the day next week

Postby Kerry » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:52 am

Tom,

Yes, I think you could hustle the Nambe for a single run and be back at office in SF by 1 pm. John and I bought the SF 2-lift pass ($18) around 9:45, entered the top of chute for snow analysis before 11 am. You could ski down and either boot up and ski down the resort or skin the Windsor in about 1.5 hrs. Key would be making the first lift.

For the half day off...looks to me like Tue or Wed will be the nice day next week depending on how much snow falls Sun-Mon. If light snow, I want to go Tues; if heavy snow, wait for Wed. I'll be out for the full day if I can find a partner for the day.
Kerry

Nambe Conditions

Postby tomchepucavage » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:45 pm

So the chutes looked pretty solid to you last week? I can't go up there by myself so I'll see who else I can drag up. Thanks for the response.
Tom
tomchepucavage

Tom

Postby Kerry » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Tom, sorry, yes, the N-NE chutes we skied were all stable. We did not like the looks of SW facing slopes due to numerous roller balls and a small natural slide in the afternoon. No whoomping, no cracks. See JohnS snow report for more details.
Kerry

Next

Return to Northern New Mexico 2007-2008 Conditions