Depression...

For more general backcountry snow talk that might not fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Bob, Matt, mark, scotthsu

Depression...

Postby Bob » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:10 pm

...it's starting to set in. And I don't mean the atmospheric/weather kind, which I would embrace.

:cry:
Bob

Re: Depression...

Postby lobojasper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Bob, its going to be okay. Flights r/t from abq to seattle are cheap right now. Like 150 bucks. Take a trip to Mt Baker and get your mind off things. It helped me a lot. Maybe we should form a support group to grt through this winter.
lobojasper

Postby JBella » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 pm

I recommend bike therapy. However I realize it's not for everyone. There's always the hiking thing, and of course, a good six pack or case of PBR! But that only goes so far. Binging on Longmire got me through a few of these seemingly innumerable dry days... And taking advantage of the dry weather to study the local geology, during these months when it's usually tougher to access some specific and interesting places.
JBella

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:18 pm

^^^Good stuff.
Bob

Postby scotthsu » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:45 pm

For what it's worth, the snowmakers have done an amazing job at TSV getting as much terrain open as they have. I certainly enjoyed skiing 2 days there this past weekend with my two little rippers aged 6 and 8! (at least it helps stave off depression a little bit) I think it may be time to start a support group, though.
scotthsu

Postby Bob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:26 pm

And the Ski Santa Fe snowmaking crew has kicked ass as well - great conditions for learning or tuning up your technique. A lot of people are skinning up the limited terrain there too.

But, my name is Bob, and I'm a backcountry addict.

"Hi Bob...!" :wink:
Bob

Postby JBella » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Screenshot from Longmire, somewhere near Nambe I think;

Screenshot (2).jpg
Screenshot (2).jpg (285.19 KiB) Viewed 81 times
JBella

Postby chrishami » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 pm

JBella wrote:I recommend bike therapy. However I realize it's not for everyone. There's always the hiking thing, and of course, a good six pack or case of PBR! But that only goes so far. Binging on Longmire got me through a few of these seemingly innumerable dry days... And taking advantage of the dry weather to study the local geology, during these months when it's usually tougher to access some specific and interesting places.

Haha, I've been watching Longmire as well, mainly trying to spot local scenery. Just watched an episode filmed at Pajarito Mountain, there's a kid sitting on the beginner chairlift who took an arrow to the chest.
chrishami

Return to General Talk