7-8 Apr BC anyone?

Moderators: mark, scotthsu, Bob, Matt

7-8 Apr BC anyone?

Postby Kerry » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:01 pm

Looking for ski partners for Sat and/or Sun. Will try anywhere in NM or S. CO. Particularly interested in either Cumbres Pass (Chama) or Williams Lake (Taos).
Kerry

Postby Bob » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Hey Kerry,

I skied at Santa Fe today (Sunday) and some of the patrollers told me you stopped by asking after me on Saturday. Sorry I wasn't there, it would have been good to meet you. Did you ski OB?

The skiing today in-bounds at SF was pretty good on the upper mountain. The end-of-season party at Totemoff's was really rocking in the evening.
Bob

Postby Kerry » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:48 pm

I skied to Ravens, turned NNW and went a couple hundred yards to the first peak surveying the entrances to Nambe, then doubled back and continued SE to the treeline before skiing to the Millenium chair. Was hoping to catch a group going over Ravens as well as looking at the entrances to the chutes. Skied down to Tote's and skinned up a second time; this time SE along Ravens above treeline to the peak perhaps called Lake Peak. Then dropped back down past the M. chair.
For the next couple of weeks, my attention is diverted to Spring turkey hunting. Hope to find a group to BC ski with on the first weekend in May.
Kerry

Return to Northern New Mexico 2006-2007 Conditions