Truchas beta?

Moderators: mark, scotthsu, Bob, Matt

Truchas beta?

Postby scotthsu » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for route beta/suggestions for skiing the Truchas Peaks (thinking of going sometime in April). I prefer car-to-car in a day and prefer a trailhead with less potential for car vandalism. Any suggestions (and company) will be welcome!

-Scott
scotthsu

Postby Jasper » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Count me in. I would love to go up there anytime. I think some of the best access for a day trip is maybe up to Trampas lake. Not to long of a skin access to the peaks and good skiing. San leonardo lakes would maybe work also but that cirque doesnt have th best ski terrain. Definatly not up the Santa Barbra river, lots of avi paths, steep and long. As far as car vandalism goes, it probably wont be a big deal being that use isnt very high up there yet and if you ar just up for a day it should be no biggy. Let me know if you want to go.
Go when the going is good.
Jasper

Postby Nuro305 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:01 pm

I did Truchas twice last fall, it's a great trip. Would like to have done it in winter for skiing but it was great in the late summer/fall anyway.

You can read our posts here: http://abq-aas.blogspot.com/ scroll waaaay down and click Older Posts to see thr Tuchas stuff.

I have only done it the long way, from Pecos up through Jack's Creek. I can give directions from there if you choose that route. Yes vandals can be a problem when coming in the other way (also posted above) but starting from Pecos it's well populated and no problemo'

You can email me if you want specifics.
Nuro305

count me in

Postby Kerry » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:08 am

How about sometime 5-7 Apr? If wet slide potential is considerable (it has been so warm lately), I'd like to consider southern CO as an alternate destination for an overnight, or even 2-night trip.
Kerry

Return to Northern New Mexico 2006-2007 Conditions