Ski Adventures

Moderators: mark, scotthsu, Bob, Matt

Ski Adventures

Postby Jasper » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 am

Hey everybody, I just got back into town. I grew up around here but have since been living and skiing all up and down the rocky mountains, and like many of you have developed a love for backcountry skiing. I am looking at the Sangres with a new set of eyes now that I have some knowledge and skills in backcountry winter travel. It is great to see that there is a community developing here. Lets put it on the map. I am looking for anybody who wants to do just some day trips from SFSA to Nambe or even over towards baldy. What I would really love to do though is go on some overnight expeditions and do some snow caving maybe around Lake Katherine, or even up to pecos Baldy down the trailriders wall and into the truchas. If anybody is interested let me know and lets go get it done.
Go when the going is good.
Jasper

Postby Nuro305 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:37 pm

Cool,

I'm trying to put together 2 trips soon. on 3/24 I want to d a looooong day trip somewhere up near Santa Fe. I wanna start early early in the AM with provisions for a long day and hit one of the bowls. I have a partner but would like another 1 or 2 that know the routes.

I also think I can get away for a 2 night 3 day'er and I've been wanting up go up to Wheeler basin in Taos for camping at Williams Lake and getting in as many runs as my leg's will support ;-) I'd want to get up to Taos early on the 30th packing out on the 1st.

I have not "Officially" put these 2 trips into the family schedule yet, I'm just doing the pre-planning this week...

Anyone Interested?
Nuro305

Return to Northern New Mexico 2006-2007 Conditions