2 ride pass

Moderators: Bob, Matt, mark, scotthsu

2 ride pass

Postby clmbnski » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:49 pm

Does Santa Fe still do the 10$ two ride pass? I am hoping to avoid skinning the area. I am planning on checking out Nambe Basin this Saturday or maybe hit Heavens if snow doesnt look good. I will also post a snow report when I get back.
clmbnski

Yes SF Ski Area still does the 2 ride pass

Postby SFPowderJunky » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:10 pm

I did it Sunday but it came out to $18.50 actually. Any interest in a brand new BCA DTS tracker Avi Beacon? I ordered one extra for trip last weekend and won't need it. Price negotiable... Heaven's Hill was awesome last weekend.
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.” - John Muir
SFPowderJunky

Postby Nuro305 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:10 pm

Where is Heaven's Hill ?

I'm gonna play hookey Wed. and want to check it out if you see this tonight......

Thanks,
Nuro305

Postby clmbnski » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:23 pm

They upped the price of the 2 ride? They must think there new lift is pretty bad ass or something. Ill just skin.

Heavens is the north facing slope almost directly north/northeast of the nambe basin. Be easier to show on a map.

Chris

edit: direction error
clmbnski

Postby Nuro305 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:29 pm

Thanks, looks like I'll be up at 4:30 to get the troops rallied.

Found more info here:
http://www.sdcmountainworks.com/winter/backcountry.php
Nuro305

hardcore traverse for Heavens

Postby SFPowderJunky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:51 pm

I did Heavens for first time Sunday and wasn't warned about the technical aspects (i.e. the catwalk a 10 foot path 2 feet wide with a REALLY huge drop off the side into the Nambe basin and slightly better on the other side) and an earlier stage where you have to hug a rock face and grab hold of a tree to get over the hump. This is all between Deception and Lake peak which is the shortest route across to Heavens. I'm not a technical rock climber though so I was out of me element. Not discouraging you but it may appear impossible upon first look but I went through with about 8 other strangers on Sunday.
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.” - John Muir
SFPowderJunky

Postby clmbnski » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:27 pm

The knife edge is the best part of the day. I have seen people skin across the obvious avy paths below the ridge.
clmbnski

Postby Nuro305 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Thanks for the Info.

We actually decided to avoid the high winds and no new snow and went up to Taos for the day.

Man! was it windy on the ridge! 40 to 50 MPH gusts and ice and breakable crust everywhere... not a sweeet day.

We saw Nambe bowl from I-25 on the way back. One of my partners has done it and the other is a rock climber and did the hike in the summer.

We'll hit it after the next new snow has a chance to consolidate.

Thanks.
Pablito
Nuro305

Return to Northern New Mexico 2006-2007 Conditions